Name of Organization
Prior to August 2020, Entrepreneurs/Industrialists were required to visit each of the departments to get the required licenses for setting up their business. Also to know the status of the application, physical follow up was required. Moreover, there was no uniform mechanism for departments also to monitor the number of pending applications with them.
The Industries & Commerce Department, acting as a nodal department, conducted consultations with all the stake holders and listed out the requirements. These were finetuned further and Single Window web-based portal SWAAGAT was developed.
A portal for Single Window Approval by all government agencies in Tripura called SWAAGAT portal was developed and launched in August 2020. The portal facilitates statutory clearances for businesses wherein 16 Departments were integrated for providing more than 60+ various services. The entrepreneurs can obtain permissions/approvals/NOC from all related Government Departments within a time limit of 30 days.
Tripura Legislative Assembly passed an Act “Tripura Industries (Facilitation) Act 2018” for creating single window clearance to set up new businesses in Tripura.
With the passing of the bill, most comprehensive regulatory changes have been effected by Government of Tripura.
A single window portal – SWAAGAT was launched which enabled entrepreneurs to file single and common application form for obtaining all approvals for setting up of business.
- Non availability of any Act to provide legal status to the Single window application and onboard all line Departments
- Non availability of sufficient IT infrastructure
- Officials and staffs of Departments not having adequate IT knowledge
- Enactment of an Act to provide legal status to the Single window application
- Procurement of IT infrastructure
- Training of staffs to use the Single window system
- The portal has provisions for the Applicant (Industrialist) to have a comprehensive list of licenses, registrations, NOC required for undertaking a specific business (Pre-establishment, Pre-operation & Renewal) and applying through a combined application form, receiving the approval, time bound decisions on the applications etc.
- Central Inspection System to synchronize multidepartment inspections under Labor, Factory, Pollution Control and Legal Metrology Acts and Rules, thereby improving transparency and simplification of compliance
- Provision of Digitized Combined Application and Payment merging all fees, applicable under various Acts, rules, policies and schemes
- Integrated the State Single Window Portal – SWAAGAT with National Single Window Portal - NSWS
- Approx. 60% improvement in time bound delivery
- Approx. 60% time reduction in enquiries handled by Departmental officials for new establishment
- 6000+ Investors/ Entrepreneurs registered
- 16 State Departments Integrated
- 10200+ Applications submitted
- 9200 + Approved applications
- 60+ Services Integrated
- 600+ Investors Queries, Tickets & Feedback attended
The Intervention is easily scalable because of its technology. Additional licenses or requests can be incorporated and customization can be done as per requirement. This intervention is made for Tripura, but can be adopted elsewhere in the country.
Use of the IT solution enabled the Departments as follows :
|Drupal with SQL Server|
By clicking “Accept all cookies”, you agree Best Practices can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance.